- The end of an era...
It is with great sadness that Secret Sirens are announcing a break from music and working together.
Both Narelle and Andy would like to thank everyone for their support over the last two years and the music will still be available on CD and on itunes and the website/facebook/twitter accounts will still be active.
We will post the new creative projects (all of which are not necessarily music) on these pages so please keep in touch!
2012 has been a year of significant changes, but with this comes some exciting and fresh new ideas and projects, so stay tuned!!
Narelle & Andy
- Supporting Caan and other stuff!
We supported ex Ou Est Le Swimming Pool member 'Caan' at the Cockpit on Friday so thanks to all who came down. Great show and Caan were ace!
We are currently working on lots of new material having done a load of gigs recently in Leeds and London!
Here's a little pic from our gig @ The Cockpit!
We had a great time playing at the live@Leeds event on Saturday 5th May - we played acoustic at the wristband exchange point on the ELFM tent and then a loud electric set later in the evening at one of the venues.
You'll be able to listen again to our unplugged set (will post the link on here over the next few days)!
Highlight of the day was seeing Ladyhawke at the Academy and catching a load of other national and local bands playing at various venues throughout the city!
Couple of photos below - thanks to Stuart Glossop photography (we just then put a filter on)
- What we have been up to!
So we haven't posted an update on the website for a while (although Facebook and Twitter is always real time :-)...
Here's what's happening:
- New photoshoot in Whitby
- Back in the studio working on new material
- Loads more gigs booked in including some great support slots for well known headline acts (see below)
Keep checking our Facebook and twitter if you fancy a chat ;-)
- Live@Leeds (Sat 5th May)- we are doing an acoustic set at the wristband exchange point at Leeds Met Uni (Calverley st entrance 12:15pm, then a loud electric set in Milo's at 6pm (free entry).
- We will be supporting The View and James from Starsailor at Leeds Uni at the end of April (dates TBC)
- Review of debut album 'Favourite Obsessions' in No Title magazine
- From start to finish, this album is powerful and engaging. The vocals sung by Narelle Frances are moving, and delve into the pains of love, loss and obsession, which the band themselves compare to that of the darker Grimm Brothers fairytales. They are not wrong. [Read More...]
- New Year, NEW stuff happening!!
Happy New Year to everyone - here's hoping 2012 is a great year for one and all!!
- An instrumental version of our debut single 'Black Heart' has just been used in an episode of Hollyoaks on Channel 4, broadcast 6/1/12!
- BBC Introducing have been playing tracks from our debut album, most recently 'Love Potion' was played last night!
- We are BACK IN THE RECORDING STUDIO over the next 2 weeks working on brand new material so keep checking our facebook and twitter for pics, updates and sneaky listens!
So, we've kick started our first week of 2012 off in a great way and hope to keep this going, so make sure you LIKE OUR FACEBOOK page and keep checking back here for updates!
Peace profound x
- Christmas Gigs coming up!
Not long until Christmas now and we have a couple of gigs coming up before we have a little xmas break!
- Friday 16th December @ Otley Courthouse, Otley, Leeds (9pm) - full on Christmas shinding and we may even throw in a Christmas cover song
- Thursday 22nd December @ Proud, Camden (9pm) - this will be ace!
As always the live stuff will feature our full 5 piece band and stage FX, plus we may throw in a bit more because it's Christmas!!
Have a good one!
- Asda instore performance and CD pilot
"It's an unusual location singing down the fruit and veg aisle..."
We will be performing an unplugged set at Asda Owlcotes, Pudsey this Friday 18th November from 3:30pm to promote the release of our debut album being stocked in the store.
Asda are running a pilot to support unsigned/independant local artists across the region and Pudsey is the first store to try this.
So....You should 100% do your weekly shop this Friday afternoon so you can catch us live in the most unusual gig location, plus buy yourself a copy of our debut CD album whilst you're there!